Saturday 31 December 2011

Tinker tailor soldier ... WHAT?!



The title probably says all it needs to. I went to see the new Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Result? I have precisely no clue what happened. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. It was well-made and the acting was great. But could I tell you the plot? Not a hope.

Hmmm, given that I drafted this post months ago, I now have even less idea what happened than I did before. I think I read the book about 25 years ago. I don't remember being quite as baffled but maybe I was and I just finished it because I hate to give up on a book.

So if anyone can actually explain the plot to me, go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this can help...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker,_Tailor,_Soldier,_Spy#Plot

    For once, wikipedia has got it more right than wrong.

    ReplyDelete